Thursday, November 12, 2009

When I grow up, I wanna be...

Every class gets to pick a "star of the week." The star gets to do all sorts of things: wear a special ribbon, hand out papers, steal numbers off the hundreds chart. My favorite thing is the Star of the Week Interview.

It is written down and put on the wall. Hard-hitting, it covers questions like, "What's your favorite color?" and "Why are you special?"

It also asks, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Predictably, the girls' answers usually include doctor, teacher, and police officer (although that came out of nowhere from a mini, smiley kindergartener).

This week's top answer: fire truck.

When pressed, she answered that, no, she didn't want to be a firefighter. She wanted to be the truck, spraying water and everything.

2 comments:

  1. Hello "Just Don't Call Me Mom",


    My name is Belinda and I am student at the University of South Alabama in Dr. Strange EDM 310 class and I really enjoy reading your blogs. I llok forward to being a futre educator myself and I hope that we can exchage ideas in the furture.

    I too have a blog: http://fluckerbedm310fall2009.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am an Nick and I am in school to get my Education Certificate and I came across your blog and really enjoyed it. It is very creative and from what you are writing about it seems that you have a great connection with your students. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete