Monday, April 6, 2009

Bespectacled

I love kids in glasses. 

In the first grade, kids who need glasses typically wear them, which can't be said of the older set. Some of them, probably those with plain jane wire frame ones, will suffer through their myopia before wearing their 3rd and 4th eyes.

But in first grade, glasses are so in. We have a large number of bespectacled students this year. I'd like to think it's because I wear them and, being cool teacher, I have tons of influence. But their glasses are way cooler than mine. Mine are put together with a paperclip and scotch tape. At least I have company in that department because student M. is in the same boat. That makes me feel better (but maybe should make me feel worse?).

Thick framed hipster glasses are totally in. One kid has thick black ones, and she sits next to someone with thick red ones (which have that magical lens that turns into sunglasses). They sit across the table from someone who just got reading glasses. This is too cute. She puts them on when she reads, and they fall to the end of her nose so she ends up looking like a lady librarian. Those are maybe my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment