Monday, April 27, 2009

Who let the leaves out?!

On Friday, a fiber artist began her residency in first grade. We'll be making a soft-sculpture butterfly garden with all sorts of life cycle information.

While cutting out fabric in the shape of leaves, one kid started singing:
"Who let the leaves out? Leaf! Leaf! Leaf! Leaf! Who let the leaves out?" etc.

I can totally relate. Songs with lyrics changed to match your activity are the best. 

And especially when you go a little counterintuitive. I mean, someone boring and normal would've said, "Who let the leaves out? Who? Who? Who? Who?" Not this kid. He knows what's up.

4 comments:

  1. All the single leafies! All the single leafies!
    If you like it, then you shoulda put a rake on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kid is stealing a page from my book! Or am I stealing from his....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I supposed to know what a "fiber artist" is? If it involves Metamucil and a white canvas, I want no part in it.

    ReplyDelete