Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Best of Wednesday

Arts Week keeps 'em coming:
  • Student R. got stuck in his sweatshirt again today. But this time it was because he put it on backwards, which was particularly difficult considering it was a hoodie. He eventually got unstuck.
  • I don't know what happened during this morning's performance because I had a planning period. All I know is that the kids came back very sweaty.
  • My film crew started editing today. Hopefully it'll be up on youtube soon.
  • At 5, everyone returned to school for the Spring Art Gallery. It is always a great event. We serve juice and seltzer spritzers, mini weiners, and cheese. Some adult jazz musicians play in a band with some kid musicians. Student art is all over the walls with small white placards that read something like, "Self Portrait. First and Last Name, 2nd grade. Sharpie and Cray Pas on Paper."
  • One of my students and her older sister showed up wearing matching "Hi Hater" shirts.
  • The Dance Troupe performed. I particularly love the 3 boys in the group. 
  • I won a tote bag!
Bravo, arts week.

No comments:

Post a Comment