Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Portrait of the Hair Model as a Young Man

I have a student with fabulous hair. 

I've seen faux hawks come and go, but this guy's hair is permanently amazing. It's thick and curly and, if left to its own devices, sticks out straight from his head. 

It's an endless source of amusement for him. He pulls a curl as long as it will go and boings it back into place. If he has braids that day, he'll boing a curl out of the braid and see if he can braid it back. Very fascinating to watch.

So, I'm happy to report that his newest writing piece is about last year's "Wacky Hair Day." I wish I could reproduce the illustrations already. They mostly look like a small boy with a lion mane of hair, which is exactly how he described it. Apparently his mother blowed it out AND it started to rain, so I can just imagine how it looked in real life.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for a repeat this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment