Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Smells Fishy

Two related bits:

1. The kid who wanted to sleep in the Mouse House exclaimed today, regarding the classroom, "I want to sleep in here!" Is that his way of expressing enjoyment? 

2. The classroom stinks to high heaven on warm days. You walk in and get a blast of what I can only assume is dead animal.

Puts these two together and I just don't know.

P.S. I'm starting a campaign for saying, "I want to sleep in here!" whenever I like a place. The movies, art exhibits, the kitchen. Who's on board?

4 comments:

  1. Your student is more sophisticated and erudite than ever. Brave Bunny has recently read a book of essays, entitled "Proust was a Neuroscientist," which is basically a series of observations that many 19th century writers and artists described neurological principles that were not defined by neuroscientists until much later. The essay on Proust relates a major thesis of his volume, Remembrances of Things Past, where the aroma of a cookie elicits memories of his childhood. Your student, although still a relative youngster, is merely allowing the pungent aromas around him to provoke earlier memories of his childhood It is all in the amygdala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't a cookie I saw you with, it was Marcel's petite madeleine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he finds comfort in stinky places.

    ReplyDelete